Thursday, January 29, 2004

Well it’s not all doom and gloom today, though there ain’t a whole bunch of joy on the horizon. I did however get a brand spanking new laptop from work still with it’s shiny wrapping on. You might think it was a bit, well, pointless to give me a bunch of new hardware all configured to my personal specs, including such annoyingly hard things to remove as Lotus Notes, Sametime and Verity 2K when I only have another 11 working days at the company. And you’d be right, but I’m not going to argue with the man. Which would be futile and pointless – if you’re on the list you’re getting done whether it makes sense or not.

On an unrelated but to me considerably more pressing matter, there’s definitely something ‘not right’ going on downstairs today. Lucky I’m not in America eh, especially as I’m going to Devon tomorrow for some kind of weekend away shenanagins. Am really looking forward to it actually and should be a lorra lorra laughs, provided that is Mac & I can negotiate the Friday night exodus clogged snow bound roads in her Mum’s new Golf. It’s a turbo diesel and I have been playing a lot of Project Gotham racing 2 lately, so things could get lively.

No comments: