Tuesday, September 09, 2003

My God work can be a funny thing . One minute there you are merrily editing meta data files and the next thing you know you’re driving down a country road with your old friend Simon. But hold on – Simon doesn’t even have a car, let alone the large BMW this seems to be. And he’s driving it from the back seat sitting on a high chair! Uh oh. This can only mean one thing – yes – you’ve managed to fall asleep at your desk again.

And it’s not even 5 o’clock yet.

Fortunately I am an expert at this by now and generally remain completely upright with no more than 15° head tiltage and a maximum of 6” down the seat slippage. Plus I normally retain a tight grip on the old mouse as well. So basically provided that I don’t stay there so long that my desktop locks up, no-one need ever know. It’s not good tho – this is what it must be like to have narcolepsy

No comments: