Wednesday, September 24, 2003

I just ate a Kellogg's Apple flavoured Nutri-Grain bar With Calcium on account of it being the healthy option and all that. It tasted like an appley fig roll. I then checked the nutritiuonal values. Per 100g it's 370 kCal with 71g of carbohydrate (33g of which is sugar) and 9g of fat. So what you say? By comparison 100g of Big Mac provides 229 kCal with 20g carbohydrate (5g sugars) and 10g of fat.

I don't know why I bother to get on my high horse about these things. Guess I'm just sick of people (for which read multi national corporations) pretending things are something they're not. And why not make a fruit bar that is genuinely good for you instead of making one that is bad and then kidding people along. Probably because it would taste even shittier than it already does.

Soundtrack = Permission to Land, The Darkness.

No comments: