Thursday, August 04, 2005

As an exercise in history revision and killing time before having to shower, pack and head Heathrow-wards I'm listening to A Sauceful of Secrets, which I'm fairly sure I can't have listened to since about 1989.

I'd really like to be able to lay down some truthful vibes about the agelessness and freshness of this trancendent piece of psychadelia. But I can't. It's actually a bit (sotte voce) bollocks. 20% good, 20% absolute shite and 60% trippy noodling which might be good with some acid and a gigantic dooby, but that's about it.


People who should listen to this album :-

  1. People experiencing heart palpitations
  2. Evil breadheads
  3. The man

People who probably shouldn't bother :-
  1. Cycle couriers carrying vital transport organs
  2. The faintly suicidal
  3. Air traffic controlers. Man I hope not.

Corporal Clegg Lyrics

Corporal Clegg had a wooden leg
He won it in the war In nineteen forty four.

Corporal Clegg had a medal too
In orange, red, and blue
He found it in the zoo.

Dear, dear were they really sad for me?
Dear, dear will they really laugh at me?

Mrs. Clegg, you must be proud of him.
Mrs. Clegg, another drop of gin.
Corporal Clegg umbrella in the rain
He's never been the same
No one is to blame

Corporal Clegg recieved his medal in a dream
From Her Majesty the queen
His boots were very clean.
Mrs. Clegg, you must be proud of him
Mrs. Clegg, another drop of gin?

Corporal Clegg
Corporal Clegg

Rock on Guys ;-)

No comments: