Tuesday, December 02, 2003

Can’t understand it – was in bed & asleep by 11.30 last night and didn’t wake up till 3.45 (v. briefly) than slept on till 6.30 followed by 2 more hours of intermittent sleep and I’m still exhausted. I just don’t understand. How tired I am seems to have absolutely no relation any more to any external factors such as sleep, diet, activity level, whatever. The only constants are:


1) If it’s time to get up NOW I will be exhausted.
2) If I have to get up in 6 hours I will be zinging with energy.
3) If I drank anything more than 1 glass of wine the day before I will be a zombie.

Are there genuinely people out there who regularly get 8 hours a night (sleep that is) are never late for work and progress through the day without snapping at their colleagues, yawning like a lion and actually falling asleep at their desks? If there are, not many of them seem to be writing blogs.

No comments: