Monday, September 05, 2005

Planet Mars

I've really been enjoying the UPN syndicated show Veronica Mars , but I have a couple of issues. The first is fairly minor. I posted a few days ago about how American teenagers all seem to have huge beds, but Veronica Mars was the exception, but I'm afraid I was rather jumping the gun. What kind of a father buys his daughter a water bed I ask myself? No normal one that's for sure. I've actually only watched about half the episodes, so perhaps this too is going to come back and bite me in the ass . . .

The second is about the weird lighting policy on the show. I mean it's one thing to go for eerily realistic, but there are limits . . . I supposes it doesn't help that leading lady Kristen Bell, (referred to by Jonathan Bernstein in the Guardian as "an actress so slight she looks like a bowel movement might break her in half") has all the natural flesh tones of a two day old cadaver, but still, they really should learn to use a light meter or invest in a tiny amout of post production :-

As she appears on the show :-


After a little colour correction from Pan.


Other than that it's a great show.

No comments: