Feeling a bit low today. Bit low . . . crawling underneath the rocks on the bottom of the sea is more like it.
Actually there was a big long mean post here, but I mean really, it wasn’t healthy. I shall take Andrea’s advice and breathe. It wasn’t a very calming sort of a post, more of a sort of incoherent rolling napalm strike of vitriol and self abuse. So instead I’ll boil my thoughts down to some more digestible and less apoplectic bullet points :-
- Finding a new job = stressful
- Finding a new job knowing the old one’s a goner = additionally stressful
- Interviews = not much fun really
- Agents = last lepers from hell
- But it’s just a task that must be done at the end of the day
- Nazi gym regime having no apparent affect
- Orthorexic diet also having no affect and making me very, very boring too.
- Stomach still like enormous vanilla syllabub dropped from 3rd floor into middle of 1960’s style Lionel Blair dance routine.
- Am addicted to the gym
- Hate the gym
- Have to go to the gym to feel ‘normal’
- Don’t enjoy lovely food like I used to as can’t stop converting everything into Carbs, Fat and kC and then into crunches / minutes rowing per mouthful.
- Eating delicious non nutritionally balanced, high fat, high salt, low fibre food inducing intense feelings of weakness, worthlessness and guilt.
- Total failure to give up drinking and smoking negating all fringe health benefits. And making me feel guilty as well. And fat.
- How much of a workout is the average wank? Don’t forget that as a bloke it’s not all in the mind - it’s all gotta be replaced from somewhere.
- Is smoking 20 cigarettes / week really any healthier than 20 / day or am I just kidding myself?
- With regard to question 1 could you make some sort of equivalence chart : 10 minutes spent thinking about Edith Bowman = 38 seconds on level 7 of the rowing machine? Please let the answer be yes.
- Stop worrying, have a fag and calm down.
- Go to the gym in the morning as well. Think about buying some an-biotic zero fat, high carb, high protein food replacement powder. Increase observance of wobbling gut in mirror to 3 times a day. Eat more salads and go to bed feeling miserable.
- Do nothing. Worry.