Friday, May 07, 2004

The problem with blogging is that one feels a requirement to do it even when you have nothing that you'd really like to communicate with the outside world.

I'm still unemplyed, have had two interviews in the last week, both of which were fantastic technically, but both of which I fell down on on the dumbass question: "So why would you like to work for us?" Both times I was unable, despite an hour of interpreting their fumbling attempts to work out whether I really knew what the fuck I was talking about or not and let them know without them having to directly ask that , Yes - everything on my CV *is* genuine and I can prove it, to answer the question properly. Instead of saying "I've been saving myself for years just to work for a bunch of numptys like you" I was forced to answer truthfully: "I want to work for you because you have money and you're hiring." Quakk Quakk Oops!

Wankers. I know more about every aspect of their businesses and client needs than they can even comprehend, but because I seem to be pathologically incapable of lying my head off in interviews I'm not acceptable. What do they want? You can't have it both ways. Seemingly people would prefer to employ an ignorant fucking muppet who will be amenable to corporate dictak rather than someone who actually knows what the fuck is going on.

And I had my biggest smile and shiniest suit on. The only thing I can't do is bend under the fucking interview table and tell them what they really want to hear - yes your dick is the biggest and super tasty too - MMmmmmmmm mmmmm.

Maybe I'm just not projecting right?

No comments: