Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Paul Fucking Weller

Long time no blog . . . a lot has happened since my last post. A lot. On the other hand I have a hangover so some things never change.


I see that Paul Weller has been shortlisted for a Mercury. Why????

What is it about Paul Weller. I look and all I can see is a short man who was briefly popular at the end of the 1970s. But somehow there's a certain sort of bloke (and trust me, they're ALL blokes) who just adore Paul Weller. This bloke is the kind of crashing bore who has a subscription to Q, Mojo & Empire and can be found lurking by the toilet door at parties sucking in his gut, drinking Real Ale & hitting on other people wives. Of course he'd prefer to be hitting on women 25 years his junior but naturally there aren't any of those at bloke's party.

Do not be deceived by his tales of seeing Siouxie et al in 1978. He worked then for Bromley Council then and still does - at least until they can think of a way of getting rid of him.

Seriously mate - just Fuck Off. And take Weller with you while you're at it. And if you can't manage that then for the love of God please stop nominating him for stuff. No-one cares.

The 'Modfather' my arse.

No comments: