Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year Exhaustion

My New Years dinner was, I think, a bit excessive. I certainly didn't want to eat much of it, but that's fairly common. I was basically completely knackered the whole evening, and kept wondering how long people were going to stay for.

it's a shame because normally there's nothing I like more than staying up till 5am setting the world to rights. No one else was really up for it either, except Jules and she really had to take The Riggmeister General home who was a bit pissed ;-)

At least someone was.

I basically spent the whole day running around shopping and cleaning and then spent the whole evening slaving over the stove. But the end result was fairly impressive.

That horror menu in full :-


Hors D'Oeuvres
(marinated artichokes & olives)
-
Oysters
-
Fruits de Mare (Lobster, Alaskan King Crab, Giant Prawns)
-
Roast Lamb stuffed with Crab with a White Wine Gravy
Jerusalem Artichokes with Scallops & Razor Clams
Lettuce & Watercress Salad
-
Tarte Abricot with Fresh Fruit
(Apple, Nectarine, Cherries & Miniature Tangerines)
-
Cheese & Coffee


No comments: