Wednesday, February 23, 2005

There’s a limit, presumably to how much salad one can profitably eat. Let’s assume, for the sake of argument that Pan’s intake today has been 1 low fat yogurt, 1 cup tomato soup and about ½ kilo of mixed raw vegetables, specifically onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, lettuce and turnips. And I now have a blistering headache. It can only be junk withdrawal, provided that is one ignores the two mega gulp buckets of coffee I’ve consumed today.

BTW, when someone tells you that they have given up drinking and smoking and are de-toxing, do not say ‘ah-ha, but you haven’t given up the old caffeine I see have you?’ because that makes you a pedantic hyper-zealot wanker. Giving up drinking coffee is not going to help you one iota, toss pot. Don’t believe me? From the British Heart Foundation :-

“Conclusions that were made are that drinking a moderate amount of caffeine does not influence coronary heart disease.”

“If you have an abnormal heart rhythm, limiting your caffeine intake is not likely to help.”

“Studies to date suggest that coffee does not cause high blood pressure.”

However there is a possibility that coffee may increase cholesterol.

But by and large there really seems to be no problem with slugging the stuff back. So why are all these macrobiotic Nazis getting on my back about it. I can only assume it’s because they are having no fun and don’t want anyone else to either. Grrrrrrrrr.

By the way the exercise freaks were correct. I do have more energy, every last drop of which I feel can be confidently and profitable challenged into aggression, anger and grizzling. YAY! HA HA HA HA AHA AHAH HHAHHAHA.

Maybe I should cut down on the coffee after all.

No comments: