Tuesday, September 09, 2003

Very long time since any posting has gone on - not too much has been happening. Actually what am I talking about - been pretty eventful. We've had the hottest summer in living memory - I drank through it - went to Cornwall for an extended surfing break, got very ill, visited my parents, shaved off my goatee, didn't go out with Yip Yap, insulted a lot of people and amazingly am still gainfully employed, tho I don't want to think about that too much.

As a result of being ill and various other problems I am now officially as poor as you like and interestingly being sued by Islington Council. What a bore. Need to sort it out. Not that I really care that much, just can't really face all the shouting and house conflabs that would be needed. Except I don't have the neccessary £££ to make the situation go away . . .

On the more important side of things I am about to be a Godparent. Little James arrived just over a month ago, and for some incomprehensible reason his parents think that I am suitable material to step into the frame. Actually I spoke to the Vicar in question last Saturday at a particulalry fine champagne reception at the Bleeding Heart. Can't really remember what I said but I do recall speaking to his wife at some length. Speaking of some length was a really pretty fantastic evening. My old school chum Stev and his lovely wife Von A were our hosts and incidentally the parents to the aforementioned James. Suffice it so say that 100+ people sucking down champagne for 4 hours must have put serious dent in the old finances. Probably not as serious as the hole it put in my sobriety but never mind. Sunday was a bit of a 'mare actually.

Alas Phil the Greek and Abigail are no longer together. Not sure how she feels about it exactly but I know he is pretty traumatised. I think he feels pretty bad - it's tricky being in a relationship if you're heart isn't really in it. It is better just to be cruel to be kind and end it rather than let it drag on wasting everyone's time. Still, very unfortunate for both of them really . . .

No comments: